Velocity Micro, the premier builder of award-winning enthusiast desktops, gaming PCs, laptops, and peripherals announces the immediate availability of the SmallBlock, a revolutionary new line of Mini ITX desktops for all customers. Inspired by the compact, envy-inducing V8 engines of classic muscle cars, SmallBlock desktops embody the ideals of ultra performance, expert craftsmanship, and stunning industrial design that Velocity Micro was founded on. Fully customizable configurations start at just $749, shipping immediately.
“We wanted to create something truly special with this launch and would accept nothing less than perfection,” said Randy Copeland, President and CEO of Velocity Micro. “The SmallBlock platform is the culmination of six months of obsessive development and constant refinement from our team. I believe this footprint is the future vision of desktop computing. Fitting full sized graphics card options and a real ATX power supply in an extremely compact package is a tremendous engineering accomplishment for a boutique manufacturer. I’m extremely happy with the finished product, and I’m sure our customers will be as well.”
At only 12.75″H x 8″W x 9.1″D, the SmallBlock chassis was custom designed by Velocity Micro’s team of Virginia-based engineers for aesthetics, performance, and cooling, all in the smallest footprint possible, while still accommodating configurable options including a double width graphics card and ATX power supply.
Key features of the SmallBlock line include:
- Exclusively designed satin black aluminum construction
- Fully customizable models designed for home office, professional workstation, or gaming
- Full-sized internal ATX 80Plus power supplies for better expansion – no power brick!
- Full-sized double width graphics card options for extreme gaming or CAD configurations
- Intel Core i3, i5, i7 and Xeon CPU options, as well as AMD A10 APUs
- Two SSD or 7200rpm storage drives, and one DVD-RW or Blu-ray optical drive
- Fanless, passive cooling engineering for ultra quiet operation