Today is the day a lot of people have been looking forward to, I am sure of that. Today is the day that the brand new Rock Band 4 is being released and it looks like it easily could be the best in the series yet. Harmonix and Mad Catz have both been hard at work on this release where Harmonix has created the game and Mad Catz the hardware to go along with it as well as the physical distribution.
Rock Band 4 will be available today, October the 6th, for both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 and there will be more than 1700 songs available upon launch. That’s a lot of songs to master. Available products on launch day include the Rock Band 4 video game, stand-alone software, Band-in-a-Box Bundle, and Wireless Fender Stratocaster Guitar Bundle. The Fender bundle will probably be the most popular one, at least that’s my prediction.
Through the Rock Band Music Store, more than 1700 songs will be available on day one. This includes tracks from the series’ incredible back catalog of music but fully updated to include the new gameplay features in Rock Band 4. Players can rock to these tracks and enjoy new Freestyle Guitar Solos, Freestyle Vocals, and Dynamic Drums Fills, even while touring the world with their band in the game’s new expanded campaign.
One of the downsides is that you have to purchase a lot of the songs from the store at a price of $1.99 each, but there is also good news for those who previously played Rock Band in the previous versions. If you already owned a song there and you stay on the same platform, PlayStation or Xbox, then you’ll be able to get those songs again for no additional cost.
Some of the new Tracks available:
- All That Remains – “Divide”
- All That Remains – “What If I Was Nothing”
- BABYMETAL – “Gimme Chocolate!!”
- Blitz Kids – “Run For Cover”
- Bring Me The Horizon – “Throne”
- Dead Sara – “Mona Lisa”
- Duran Duran – “The Reflex”
- Earth, Wind & Fire – “September”
- Interpol – “All The Rage Back Home”
- Janis Joplin – “Move Over”
- Jefferson Starship – “Jane”
- Linkin Park ft. Daron Malakian – “Rebellion”
- Marilyn Manson – “The Mephistopheles Of Los Angeles”
- Mastodon – “High Road”
- My Morning Jacket – “One Big Holiday”
- Of Mice & Men – “Would You Still Be There”
- Oh Honey – “Sugar, You”
- Pantera – “Cowboys From Hell (Live From Monsters In Moscow Festival)”
- Pierce the Veil ft. Kellin Quinn – “King for a Day”
- Seasick Steve – “Summertime Boy”
- “Weird Al” Yankovic – “My Own Eyes”
- The Wild Feathers – “Backwoods Company”