In this day and age, everyone is on the go, ranging from kids to adults, we all have somewhere to be and something to do. With that in mind, we’re all aware as to how important mobile devices can be, whether it be a mobile phone, or a tablet or in some locations; a 2-way.
We all rely heavily on mobile devices, and not just for the calling or text aspect, but with a big push on social media, so many people are utilising their mobile units for connecting to friends and family via Facebook, Twitter and other platforms, but what happens if you can’t get a signal?
Most households and business premises will have Wi-Fi of some variety, but as soon as you walk out of the property, or depending on the size of the property; walk into another end of the building, you may find that your Wi-Fi drops and you have to rely on 3G coverage. On the same hand, what if you need to make a call to someone that requires some coverage of sorts and you just can’t find the spot?
Introducing the Nextivity Cel-Fi RS2 3G Coverage Booster, a simple device that latches on to your 3G signal and boosts it across your building, but while you can buy cheap knock-off versions on eBay, this little beauty actually works.
As always, we’ll take a look at what’s on offer with the package and then get straight into seeing how effective this device can actually be in real-world usage as we put it to the test.
You can find more information by checking out the below video and the full specifications and features also listed below:
- Performance – The Cel-fi boosters will increase the 3G signal in an indoor area up to 1235 m2 (13,000 ft2). Nextivity’s IntelliBoost Baseband Processor II gives the units unrivalled power and performance.
- Power – Each of the two Cel-fi units run off 12 VDC power supply via the 2 plugs provided, and the power consumption is less than 12w per unit.
- Operating – The optimum operating temperature of the units are between 0° to 40°C, and the optimum operating altitude is between -60m and 3,050m.
- The Nextivity boxes will look to boost our mobile phone signal as much as possible so you can spend more time on the phone and less time searching for a signal.
- The Cel-fi RS2 boosters will work hard to improve your mobile signal so your device doesn’t have to. This means less work for your phone and resulting in longer battery life, less charging and less expense.
- With increased 3G connectivity you can ensure faster data transfer rates when downloading video, photos, email and data to your mobile phone.
- It is very simple to install the cel-fi signal boosters. Each of the two units require only a small space. One unit sits on your window sill to pick up the signal, and the other somewhere inside to boost it throughout the building.
- Some other mobile phone signal boosters require a broadband connection to work, but not the Cel-fi RS2 units from Nextivity. All you need is a small space to store the two boxes and a standard mains plug for each. It’s that easy…
- The fully wireless, ‘plug and play’ system works simply by placing your Window Unit in the area of the building with the strongest signal. It will take this signal, as little as 1 bar, and amplify it to up to 5 bars.
- By placing the Coverage Unit at the opposite side of the building this new, amplified signal will be distributed throughout.