Lexar has announced to new storage products today for users that are on the go. The first is the Lexar JumpDrive M20 Mobile USB 3.0 Flash Drive that features two retractable connectors, a micro-USB and a USB 3.0. The drive allows users to easily transfer playlists, photos, videos, and files with On-The-Go (OTG)-enabled Android tablets or smartphones without the use of cables or Wi-Fi.
With read speeds of up to 120MB/s it can transfer a 3GB HD video clip in less than one minute, a lot faster and somewhat more onvenient solution that using Wi-Fi or cable connections. It’s not the cheapest drive on the market, but it aint the slowest either, so the pricing with an MSRPs of £25.99 (16GB), £39.99 (32GB), and £79.99 (64GB) seem very fair for a dual-drive. The JumpDrive will be available in October 2014.
- Transfers files between mobile devices without cables or Wi-Fi
- Designed for use with On-The-Go (OTG)-enabled Android
tablets and smartphones*
- USB 3.0 performance (up to 100MB/s read and 55MB/s write)**
- Retractable 2-in-1 design with a micro-USB and USB 3.0 connector
- Works with ASTRO File Manager (download at Google Play
- Compatible with both PC and Mac® systems
- Backwards compatible with USB 2.0 devices
- Three-year limited warranty
The second new product are the Lexar High-Performance microSDXC UHS-I 128GB cards designed for sports camcorder, tablets or smartphone storage, where speed matters. So whether you’re shooting the action with your sports camcorder or an aerial camera, you can quickly capture, play back, and transfer a large amount of the highest quality 1080p full-HD, 3D, and 4K video, making it easy to preserve more than 15 hours of your greatest moments and then relive the action.
The improved speed over traditional SD cards will also benefit any tablet or smart phone user with faster access to your music and photos, as well as what other files you might transfer with your device. The cards are rated as Class 10 and are taking advantage of the UHS-I technology to deliver transfer speeds up to 633 times that of traditional cards. As a bonus it comes with an USB3 card reader to plug directly into your computer for maximum transfer speeds.
The new card will also be available for purchase in October 2014, with an MSRP of £87.99 and that includes a limited lifetime warranty.
- Premium memory solution for sports camcorders, tablets, and smartphones
- Quickly captures, stores, plays back, and transfers media files, including 1080p full-HD, 3D, and 4K video
- Leverages UHS-I technology for a transfer speed up to 633x (95MB/s)*
- Stores more than 15 hours of HD video; 33,000 photos; or 28,000 songs**
- Includes high-speed, Class 10 card and USB 3.0 reader
- Limited lifetime warranty for card and one-year limited warranty for USB 3.0 reader
Thank you Lexar for providing us with this information
Images courtesy of Lexar.