Remember when we reviewed Rock Band 4 review and we brought you the bad news that it would only be coming to consoles? Well, it looks like we might have been wrong, as Harmonix are pushing to find a way to bring the plastic instrument madness to PC! While the game didn’t rake in the cash as much as the company had hoped, or their partner MadCatz, who produce the games peripherals, they’re looking to set the record straight wit h a Fig crowd-funding campaign.
In order to bring the game to PC, they’ll need to raise a fairly staggering $1.5 million in the next 35 days, but if all goes well, we could see a release of the game on Steam in Fall 2016.
“With a PC version being released on Steam much of the infrastructure for adding songs to the game can be done via Steam Workshop, with no fees and less overhead. So we’re updating the authoring tools and documentation to help anyone with a song in their heart (and multi-track audio recordings, and some time….) to create playable Rock Band songs. Then, using Steam Workshop, you can submit those files to us—we’ll do a quick check to make sure they play properly and include music you own, and then put them into the game via the Rock Band 4 in-game store. Steam Workshop makes sure you get your cut of the revenues when they sell.” – Said Harmonix
The PC release is expected to have all of the same content we’ve seen released so far for consoles, so that’s certainly a nice perk, but will you be helping fund its development? Hit up the funding page here for more details.
- World Tour Campaign Mode
- Freestyle Guitar Solos
- 65 songs included “out of the box” – and you can get up to 33 additional songs if you back us here on Fig!
- 1700+ additional playable songs available as downloadable content
- Supporting wireless guitar controller, drum kit and next generation microphone
Of course, Harmonix know what the PC market likes, so you can expect the PC release to enjoy a few extra features.
- Tools to author your own songs for play in the PC version of Rock Band 4 – submit them to Rock Band Network via Steam Workshop and share with the rest of the Rock Band 4 PC community!
- Mouse and computer keyboard support for menu navigation
- All feature and content updates from the console game. Rock Band 4 on the PC will have all of the updates released prior to its launch, and will continue to be updated alongside the console versions moving forward.