Trilobyte Games have teamed up with MojoTouch to launch a 20th Anniversary Edition of the classic “The 7th Guest”.
“Replete with a new, HD touch-screen interface that upscales the game beautifully to high definition, new maps, new animations and icons, and a host of other new features, the “20th Anniversary Edition” of our classic video game is available now at the Google Play or Amazon AppStore. Download the title here.”
The original game was dubbed the best game of 1994 by user polls. It was one of the first games designed for CDROM and the first to utilise full-rendered 3D animation and navigation.
“The original game features:
– Groundbreaking use of full-motion video and dialogue recorded by live actors in a terrifying virtual environment
– Bizarre, mind-bending puzzles to solve
– 22 stunningly rendered, devilishly surprising, 3-D rooms in a fully explorable haunted mansion
‘20th Anniversary Edition’ features:
* Totally new game play controls that were built from the ground up for touch-screens
* Hotspot based – no more pixel hunting
* All-new slick icons and animations
* Completely new map which can be accessed directly while playing
* Completely new game menus and save/load system
* Much improved voice acting audio quality and all new, optional subtitles
* Four music options: remastered music score; original score in Midi, General Midi or Adlib
* 27 Achievements to earn and share with your friends
‘20th Anniversary Edition’ list of extras:
* ‘The Making of’ featurette
* 19 Delete Scenes and 33 Delete Audio Parts
* Full soundtrack: 36 Tracks
* ‘The 7th Guest’ Novel (157 pages)
* The Original Script, ‘The Stauf Files’ document, and Original Game Manual
* Optional retro settings: play with original graphics, original music & the original controls”
The game has just launched on Google Play and Amazon AppStore for the price of $3.99USD, $5.99 (US) will be charged in the future. Will you buy this piece of nostalgia? did you own a copy of the original? Let us know on our forums and in the comments.