This week at BlizzCon 2015, Blizzard revealed that the sixth expansion to the massively popular MMO World of Warcraft is now available for pre-order. The latest expansion, Legion, comes with cool pre-order bonuses too, allowing players to boost one character of their choosing to level 100. You’ll also get early access to the brand-new hero class coming with Legion, the Demon Hunter, prior to the expansion’s release.
World of Warcraft: Legion is filled with features and content that will transform Azeroth’s heroes into Legion-slaying avatars of vengeance, including:
- New Hero Class: Demon Hunter— Unleash the demon within as an all-new melee hero class gifted with preternatural mobility—and the ability to metamorphose into hellish new forms.
- New Feature: Artifact Weapons— Smite the Legion with class-specific weapons of lore. Unlock awesome abilities and traits, and customize your weapon to suit your needs.
- New Continent: The Broken Isles— Discover the fate of a lost night elf civilization, confront twisted fragments of the Emerald Nightmare, and hunt agents of the Legion in all-new zones.
- Boost to Level 100— Come fully prepared to battle the Legion with a level-100 character boost, and fight alongside your friends in this epic new chapter of World of Warcraft—available immediately upon preorder†.
- New Feature: Order Hall— Unite fellow NPC members of your class’s order to carry out missions at your command.
- New PvP Honor System— Fight for fame, glory, and a range of new PvP-specific powers as you face the opposing faction in Arenas and Battlegrounds.
To celebrate, Blizzard also released the opening cinematic trailer, which you can view below. This follows on from the Announcement trailer which was released last August, which you can also view below.
“Setting the stage for the demonic Burning Legion’s devastating return. As the Horde and the Alliance battle against hopeless odds, heroes of both factions must seek salvation among the Broken Isles—ancient center of a doomed night elf civilization. There, they’ll take up mighty Artifact weapons and make a forbidden pact with the dread Demon Hunters of the Illidari—a final, desperate bid to save their world from falling under the Great Burning Shadow.”
“World of Warcraft: Legion is one of the most intense chapters in the Warcraft saga yet, filled with features and content that will push new and veteran heroes to their limits,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and co-founder of Blizzard Entertainment. “Whether players want to boost a new character or get a head start on mastering a Demon Hunter, they’ll be primed and ready to battle the Burning Legion when the expansion launches next summer.”
Legion will be available in Standard Edition (physical and digital with an RRP of £34.99. There’s also the Digital Deluxe Edition at £49.99 which contains bonuses for World of Warcraft and other Blizzard games.