CD Projekt Red have been a shining beacon of hope to the gaming community, a prime example of how great a developer can be. The Witcher 3 is a great game, but the developers have worked tirelessly since its release to make it even better; their soon to be released Patch 1.07 is a prime example of this.
The updates below are nothing major in their own right, but together they change a lot about the game. Little bothersome issues that soon add up to a much more enjoyable experience, such as crafting, storage, that daft horse ‘Roach’ and more!
- A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.
- A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player’s map.
- Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight.
- Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.
- Multiple sorting options are now available in the Inventory.
- Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be “pinned”, meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.
- Dozens of fixes for quest related issues, both major and minor.
- A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes and general gameplay.
- Various improvements to horse behavior.
CD Projekt Red will no be publishing a free DLC this week either, as they turn their attention to getting this patch right.
“Since it’s been all hands on deck working to finish and release this patch on time, we won’t be publishing a free DLC this week (don’t worry – free content comes back next week). We hope you understand our decision. We’ve gathered so much feedback from you over the past couple of weeks and we want to implement as much of it as possible. The full change list for the patch 1.07 will be coming later this week. Stay tuned for info about the release of the update itself.”
Thanks CD Projekt Red, keep up the great work!