Today Warhorse Studios launched a Kickstarter for Kingdom Come: Deliverance , the AAA PC and next-gen console title which is slated for a 2015 release. The game is already looking nothing short of incredible, with super graphics, realistic melee combat and an authentic medieval Europe setting. That means there are no big dragons and silly beasts, instead you’ll find an open world and realistic style RPG full of upheaval and strife.
Game Director and Lead Designer Dan Vávra explains: “So far US$1.5m has been invested into Kingdom Come: Deliverance, largely from a single investor outside the games industry. This is a big and expensive game, and we could hardly hope to raise the entire budget needed on Kickstarter alone. Since game publishers are not throwing money at us, we’ve made a deal with our investor: if we raise the relatively reasonable sum of US$500k, it is proof for him that the game has potential, and he would continue to finance us. Anything over the sum we’re asking for will allow us to create additional content and a better overall product.”
Developed by a veteran team composed of talent that played key roles in the Mafia, Crysis, ArmA and Operation Flashpoint franchises. Set during the Holy Roman Empire during the late Middle Ages, Kingdom Come: Deliverance is rich with historically authentic characters, themes and warfare. It’s already shaping up to be something truly special, but it still looks like the developers need the helping hand of the community to show that it has what it takes to make it in the busy world of gaming.
- Non-linear story lets you choose between being a villain or a savior. Every quest can be solved in multiple ways.
- A revolutionary combat system based on inverse kinematics, the only one of its kind to offer a rich, authentic yet easy-to-control, first-person melee experience. Based on actual 15th century fighting techniques and designed in cooperation with medieval martial arts experts.
- Improve your character. Different play styles – warrior, rogue or bard – can be mixed and matched as you see fit. You can develop your skills, earn new perks, and fine-tune your equipment.
- Large realistic, medieval-themed, open world landscape covering 3.5 square miles and 30 hours of gameplay (in first act, out of 3 total).
- Lead the charge in enormous, open field battles and sieges. You are no superhero. If you’re going to take on an army of enemies, you better find one of your own to back you up.
- Take a trip through the Middle Ages: Traverse sprawling cities, magnificent castles, towering, dark forests, and muck-strewn villages.
- Discover this huge world from horseback or on foot. If you can see it, you can visit it.
- A dynamic world comes alive. Every inhabitant plays a role in their communities, and as night follows day, you can watch people work, help them when needed, or try to interfere in their routine and see what happens.
- Build relationships with characters, become a criminal or a local hero, seduce local women, threaten your enemies or pardon vanquished opponents.
- Create your own weapons, cook, brew up potions, or dig around for silver. All crafting occurs in-game, using clever mini-games, rather than boring, soulless menus.
Donate to the Kickstarter here if you wish to show them your support and be part of what may very well be one of the greatest RPGs ever created.
Thank you Warhorse for providing us with this information.
Images courtesy of Warhorse.