We reviewed the Thecus N5810pro a while ago here at eTeknix and it was a monster of an NAS that also came with a bigger price tag than most. Not everyone needs all the additions and exceptional connectivity that it has to offer, but they’d still like the same basic features and solid build quality. Those users are in luck now as Thecus just unveiled the new N5810 high-performance quad-core NAS with business-class features.
The N5810 features an Intel Celeron processor J1900 Quad Core 2.0 GHz SoC and 4 GB of DDR3 RAM that can be expanded to 8GB for further performance optimization. It features dual Gigabit Ethernet for linked connections and USB 3.0 ports for fast storage connectivity. The HDMI port allows you to connect it directly to a monitor or TV for direct usage without the use of other systems. A great bonus.
The five-bay design is a great one as it provides the more standard four-port setups with an additional spare disk, if that’s what you want. With 8TB drives you get a raw capacity of 40TB, which is quite nice for this form factor. The LCM display with four buttons on the front allows for quick diagnostics and information as well as basic configuration changes.
Business users will find all the features they like in this NAS, from System failover protection over secure VPN setups to effective backup solutions. You can easily create your own cloud system with this NAS as well as connect it to existing commercial systems such as Amazon and Dropbox. Local backups can be run from clients and external devices just as well as Rsync. Pretty much everything you could want in this area.
Home and enthusiast users are covered well with all sorts of media capabilities. It can stream via Plex and DLNA, is compatible with AirPlay and Chromecast, and also features KODI for the direct HDMI connection.
The N5810 also comes with both Intel security bundled and Acronis Backup. Units will begin shipping globally at the end of November, 2015.
- Faster Transfers: 2 LAN Ports for Link Aggregation
- 99% Virus Prevention: Bundled with Free Intel Security
- System Redundancy: Uninterrupted Accessibility with Thecus System Failover
- Multiple File Systems: EXT3/EXT4/XFS/Btrfs
- Optimal Performance: Embedded with Intel® Celeron™ J1900 Quad Core CPU
- Flexible Expansion: Stackable for up to 5 additional iSCSI volumes with other Thecus NAS
- Complete Client Side Protection: Bundled with Free Acronis Software
- Easy Customization: Over 700 Apps available in the Thecus App Center