- Supermicro C7Z97-OCE
- Intel Xeon E3-1230Lv3
- Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1866MHz
- Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD
- Sapphire R7 240 2GB
- BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 850W
- Thermaltake Water 3.0 Performer
We would like to thank our sponsors for supplying us with the equipment needed to perform these tests.
- Gigabyte Z79X UD5H-BK
- Intel Core i7-4790K
- EVGA GTX 980 SC
- Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400MHz
- Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB SSD
- Lan Speed Test
- PassMark PerformanceTest Suite
When testing a switch like this, we want to know the total throughput. How much can it handle and does it perform as advertised. Just because it supports Gigabit Ethernet doesn’t mean that it will run at that speed – we already know this from our normal PCs.
To get a view on the performance, I’ll be testing the switch by sending traffic through it and measuring the results, then compare these results with two other switches, one being another smart switch and the second being an automatic switch without any interface as most people will have at home.