SilverStone is ready with two new CPU coolers that should provide users with a great balance between silent operation and performance. The two new CPU coolers from the Argon series are called the AR07 and AR08 and they have close to the same features and specifications. There is only one difference between the two CPU coolers and that is the size. The Argon AR07 is a 140mm sized version while the AR08 is a little smaller with its 92mm width and fan size.
The Argon series of CPU coolers are designed to provide a great cooling solution for your CPU with their three 8mm thick copper heat pipes that are connected to the base using heat-pipe direct contact (HDC) technology. SilverStone also added unique and exclusive heatsink fin designs such as interweaving diamond edge and arrow guides that should help with the airflow and thereby performance.
The new fans used provide an even better airflow to noise ratio than predecessors and the Argo AR08 and Argos AR08 can quickly and quietly push the pesky heat away from your CPU and the surrounding motherboard area. The blue colour of fans might not be to everyone’s best liking, but the specifications look great.
The SilverStone Argos product pages didn’t reveal any rated TDP and neither did the press release about the new products, but since they are compatible with Intel Socket LGA775/115X/1366/2011/2011-V3 and AMD Socket AM2/AM3/FM1/FM2, they should be able to handle most. The Argos 07 has an airflow of 31.4 to 93.0 CFM at a fan speed of 800 to 1500 RPM. The Argos 08 has an airflow of 26.8 to 49.5 CFM at a fan speed of 1500 to 2800 RPM. Both are rated with a life expectancy of 40,000 hours.
- Great balance of silence and performance
- Unique interweaving diamond edged fins for improved performance
- Exclusive arrow guides distribute airflow evenly among heat pipes
- Three Ø8mm/6mm heat-pipes and aluminum fins for excellent heat conducting efficiency
- Heat-pipe direct contact (HDC) technology
- Includes compact 140mm PWM (AR07) / 92mm (AR08) fan for excellent cooling and low noise
- Anti-vibration rubber pads included for additional noise dampening
- Intel Socket LGA775/115X/1366/2011 and AMD Socket AM2/AM3/FM1/FM2 compatible
The new SilverStone Argos AR07 and AR08 will be available on January the 28th for a recommended end user price of $39.60 USD for the AR07 and $33.66 USD for the AR08.