The Silverstone Fortress range offers up some of the coolest PC chassis around; their mixture of premium build quality and bold looks makes them stand out from the crowd, without the often extreme styling we see in most high-end gaming chassis, such as Silverstones own Raven RV05.
- Aluminum wrap-around exterior with classic SilverStone Fortress styling
- Revolutionary 90 degree motherboard mounting from RAVEN RV01
- Breakthrough 5.25 inch bay-free design for unprecedented power to size ratio
- Two Air Penetrator fans included for great performance and quietness
- Positive air pressure design for excellent cooling/quietness and dust-prevention
- Foam padded interior for advanced noise absorption
- Quick-release latch for fast side panel removal
- Exterior access to main filter for easy maintenance
- Support for various liquid cooling radiator sizes
The FT05 certainly stands out from the crowd with its 90 degree rotated interior and monolithic front panel design. It is a very well equipped chassis, with support for ATX motherboards, long graphics cards, plenty of storage, water cooling radiators and more, but in a much smaller form factor than you would expect. Silverstone have achieved this by removing the 5.25″ drive bays and using a vertically mounted slim ODD drive tray, which can be accessed from a slot loading section in the front of the chassis. The motherboard tray is rotated 90 degree, allowing for bottom-to-top airflow, which is provided by two powerful Air Penetrator fans in the base of the chassis.
The chassis packs all the features you would expect from a high-end chassis, including fan speed controllers, tool-less panels, externally removable air filters, sound absorbing material pre-installed, cable routing and more.
The FT05 is a flagship, ultra-high quality chassis and as such it commands a premium price tag; Silverstone recommend an end-user price of $186,36 (US); not cheap, but if its anything like the previous Fortress chassis products, it’ll be worth every penny.
Thank you Silverstone for providing us with this information.
Images courtesy of Silverstone.