Roccat are renowned for their feature rich products such as the Isku gaming keyboard and the Kone. They often lead the way with innovative products and ideas like the upcoming Roccat PowerGrid app for smartphones.
Their peripheral products are very popular amongst the gaming community offering a host of features at very reasonable prices. We’ve had Roccat product in the past for review and the majority of the time they’ve impressed us enough for them to walk away clutching one of our prestigious awards, so will this Roccat product be any different?
Today we have the honour of reviewing the latest mouse by Roccat, dubbed the Savu.
The Savu is a mid sized mouse that is positioned just before the Kone[+] in terms of performance and price, rather than a direct replacement. It packs the world’s only PRO-OPTIC (R3) 4000 DPI optical sensor on top of some interesting new features that we’ve never seen before – we’ll take a closer look at this later.
In terms of gaming, having the right mouse is essential, not only must it be comfortable, accurate and precise, but it must also be durable. Will the Savu fit this criteria? Read on to discover it it does.
Features – taken from Roccat’s site:
- ADJUSTBALE 4000DPI PRO-OPTIC (R3) SENSOR – with true 400, 800, 1600 or 4000dpi
- EASY-SHIFT[+]™ BUTTON DUPLICATOR – with Easy-Aim + Easy-Wheel functions
- CUSTOMIZABLE MULTI-COLOR LIGHTING – 16.8 million colors + effects and game profile illumination
- NO-SWEAT SIDE GRIPS – for extended slip-free play
- ROCCAT DRIVER + MACRO MANAGER – for advanced customization + presets for games & apps
- OPTIMUM MID-SIZE DESIGN – with perfectly-balanced weight
- ULTRA-PRECISE 2D WHEEL – with lock-in incremental steps
- ERGONOMIC RIGHT-HAND DESIGN – with soft-touch, ultra-comfort surface
- BRAIDED CABLE – offering a robust, stylish connection
- ZERO ANGLE SNAPPING – for true competition gaming
- HIGHEST-QUALITY COMPONENTS – for a solid build and long life
and the more technical specifications:
- 4000dpi optical gaming sensor
- Incl. Omron® switches
- 60 inches per second maximum speed
- 20G acceleration
- 125, 250, 500, 1000Hz polling rate
- Zero angle snapping
- 1.8m braided USB cable