QPAD has released their latest mouse named the 8K and labelled with “16.8 million improvements”. The 8K is a souped-up version of their award-winning 5K mouse and comes with entirely new hardware on the inside.
The QPAD 8K is delivered in a sleekly designed box and comes with a carry bag. Inside it got a new and more advanced sensor, a more powerful CPU, more memory and QPAD also created a new piece of software to control it.
The five-finger grip mouse’s new sensor pictures the surface with a shutter speed of 12,000 frames per second over an area of 30 by 30 pixels. This generates an image of 10.8 MB data in processing power per second. Underlying this is 8200 true CPI and advanced 32-bit ARM processor controller unit to optimize the tracking performance.
It has seven programmable buttons for profiles, sensitivity, shortcuts, keys and macro recordings and also comes with QPAD’s GLidz mouse feet. The mouse also has a 128kb onboard memory to store your personal profile settings.
The left and right buttons are using Omron switches with a rating of 20 million clicks and the distinctive feedback that gamers like. As initially mentioned, the mouse comes with 16.8 million improvements which of course refers to the built-in and customisable RGB LED light.
- Sensor technology: Gaming-grade laser sensor
- Sensitivity: 200 – 8200 CPI (Counts/inch)
- Max Acceleration: 30 G
- Max Speed: 3.8m/sec | 150 IPS (inch/sec)
- Image processing: 10.8 MPS (Megapixels/second)
- USB report rate: 125, 250, 500, 1000 Hz
- USB Data format: 16 bits/axis
- Buttons: 7
- Sensing pixels: 30×30 pixels
- Sampling rate: 12.000 FPS (Frames/second)
- Cable: Braided cable 2 meter
- USB plug: Gold plated USB
- Response time: 1 ms
- MCU Controller unit: 32bit ARM M3 72Mhz processor
- Backlight: RGB led 16.7 million colors
- Installation: Plug & Play
- Onboard memory: 128 kb
- Main buttons: Omron switches. Left / right. 20 mil.clicks
- Shape: Right-handed, Ergonomic, five-finger grip.
- Software: For advanced features and functions.
The QPAD 8K will be available at the end of February at an 79€ MSRP.
Thanks to QPAD for providing us with this information