A new mod for Grand Theft Auto V on PC is offering to put players on the other side of the law, allowing them to adopt the role of an on-duty Los Santos police officer, tasked with cleaning up the streets of the crime-laden city. The mod, currently in alpha, is produced by Palm Beach Games, who were also responsible for the enjoyable 7Precinct and SAPD: First Response mods for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, the latter of which has been retrofitted to operate with GTA V.
The mod’s features, according to VG24/7, include:
- Go on duty and choose your player skin and patrol vehicle
- Receive several call-outs to respond to
- Request police backup, medical assistance, fire squad, SWAT, roadblock, and heli support
- Perform traffic stops
- Engage in pursuits
- Arrest random pedestrians and suspects
- Frisk random pedestrians and suspects
- Use a taser on pedestrians
- Interactive police station interiors
- Increase/decrease your rank and unlock certain perks
- Save your progress just like vanilla SA
- Personalize several aspects, such as keypresses, in the INI file
- Go on patrol with a K9 unit (dog)
- Real-time crimes
- Save your personal stats like rank, number of suspects killed, etc. and share with other users
The mod can be downloaded from the Palm Beach Games website.
Thank you VG24/7 for providing us with this information.