Patriot wants to ignite the speeds in your system with their newest solid state drive, the Patriot Ignite SSD. The new 2.5-inch 7mm drive will come in two sizes, 480GB and 960GB and features some impressive speeds. The new drive features a lot of great features such as error correction and end-to-end data protection besides the normal features such as TRIM, wear-leveling and garbage collection.
“These are some of the fastest drives that we have had in our lab,” Said Les Henry, VP of Engineering at Patriot. “As you can see we are able to advertise some of the fastest sequential speeds in the market for these capacities. We were able to hit scores above 1000 using the AS SSD benchmark test with these drives.”
Patriot Ignite utilises the new Phison S10 controller and is paired with high quality NAND memory to reach reach maximum sequential read and write speeds of up to 560MB/s and 545MB/s while boosting random figures of 80K IOPs reading and 75K IOPs writing.
The new Patriot Ignite SSDs come backed by a three-years warranty and will be available for purchase this month or early February. NewEgg already has the drives listed for pre-order for $199.99 and $399.99 respectively.
- Phison S10 Series SSD Processor paired with qualified MLC NAND flash for best performance value and reliability
- DRAM Cache: 480GB = 512MB | 960GB = 1024MB
- SATA3 6Gbps/SATA2 3Gbps
- TRIM support (O/S dependent)
- End-to-end data path protection (ETEP)
- Advanced wear-leveling
- Advanced Garbage Collection
- Smart ECC: Recovery up to 115bits/2KB
- Smart Refresh
- Operating Temperature – 0° ~ 70°C
- Native Command Queuing (NCQ) – Up to 32 commands
- MTBF: 2,000,000 hours
- 4K Aligned Random Read & Write: 80K IOPs Read | 75K IOPs Write
- Sequential Read & Write Transfer: Up to 560MB/s Read | 545MB/s Write
- O/S Support: Windows® XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / Mac® OS / Linux
Thanks to Patriot for providing us with this information
Images courtesy of Patriot