Overclockers UK have recently launched a promotion on the highly acclaimed SuperFlower Leadex Power Supplies. During July, Platinum rated PSUs between 550-800 Watts will be sold at the recommended pricing for Gold efficiency units. Purchasing a high quality Power Supply is essential and protects your components during surges. Without mentioning any names, the high wattage unknown brand PSUs are frankly a hazard if you use any sort of load and it’s not worth taking the risk given the pricey nature of enthusiast-grade hardware. Superflower’s Leadex range is rather special and features a semi-passable DBB 130mm fan. This means under low power draw which doesn’t dramatically increase the PSU’s core temperature, the fan will remain off.
These units are also fully modular, adopt an active PFC and utilize unique connectors which light up white when a cable is plugged in. This adds a certain flair to the design and makes it aesthetically pleasing. To evoke that sense of quality, SuperFlower even uses a fabric finish on the cabling. While it’s nowhere near a custom braid in its finish, I was pleasantly surprised by how flexible the cabling was. Please note that you can only use cable extensions if you want to go down the custom braided route. SuperFlower’s LED modular technology is currently a propitiatory design and not compatible with any other aftermarket cables. On another note, the Leadex Power Supplies are an excellent investment and backed by a 5 year warranty. Overclockers UK have even replaced their test systems with SuperFlower units which shows how reliable they are. Here is the full list of technical features:
- 100% Full Modular Cabling Design For Easy Cable Management
- 80 PLUS ® Platinum Certified, 90% 92% 89% Efficiency At 20% 50% 100% Rated Load
- Full Range Auto Voltage Detection Design 100V~240V (Active PFC)
- Comply With ATX 12V. V2.2, EPS 12V. V2.91 & SSI EPS 12V. V2.92 Specification
- Comply With Energy Star Standard & EuP (Energy Using Products) Regulation
- Over Voltage Protection / Over Current Protection / Over Power Protection / Short Circuit Protection / Under Voltage Protection / Over Temperature Protection
- Support All Intel/AMD Multi-Core CPU & ATX/BTX Compatible Motherboards
- Support NVIDIA® SLI™ & ATI CrossFireX™ High Performance Graphic Card
- Patented Easy To Use & Install Crystal Clear Cube Connectors with LED
- More than 2,000 times On/Off test
- Unleaded Green Materials with RoHS/WEEE Compliance
- Perfect For Professional & High Performance Gaming System
If you haven’t heard of Superflower then it might surprise you that they manufacture the higher wattage EVGA Power Supplies which incorporate a 10 year warranty. I would like to see Superflower match this figure for piece of mind. Also, buying the product directly from Overclockers means the RMA process is done in the UK with a reputable retailer. This is very convenient as companies like Corsair require EU customers to send the PSU to the Netherlands RMA base.