Lionhead Studios have published a new career opportunity ad looking for a new Senior Services Engineer. Job listings are often a great source of information for up coming gaming titles, as are ex employee CV’s as many studios contract people in for a few months to work on a specific aspect of a title.
“Lionhead Studios is seeking an experienced and passionate Senior Services Engineer to join us as a key contributor on an exciting and ambitious new title.
The ideal candidate is someone who has proven experience in designing and implementing services for highly concurrent and highly available social online game experiences, ideally in a cloud based environment.
The role will focus on helping to deliver a robust online service infrastructure and associated services, ensuring that all systems are secure, optimized and will scale to meet the needs of our current and future ambitions.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
– Experience of full development cycle for a complex service architecture
– C# programming and debugging skills utilising the latest .NET technologies
– RESTful service design and implementation in ASP .NET MVC4.0
– Cloud platform and data experience (Azure, Amazon EC2, etc.)
– Proactive, ambitious and enthusiastic
– Proven ability to lead and motivate others in a team environment
– Working in an Agile/SCRUM environment as part of a multidisciplinary team
– Experience of Online/Multiplayer/MMO games
– Experience of SQL, NOSQL & Azure
– Experience in monitoring tools and techniques on Microsoft platforms (such as SCOM)”
It’s pretty clear that they’re working, or will be working on an MMO / social experience that involves Microsofts cloud servers. Given that the studio is famous for the Fable series, with little or no indication that they’ll be giving up on that franchise yet, we can only assume they’re looking to bring bigger online features into the world of Fable, or perhaps even create a Fable MMO.
Thank you DualShockers for providing us with this information.
Image courtesy of Nejitenrox.