Mushkin launched a new line of SSDs during CES 2015 in Las Vegas, the new STRIKER series. The new line of drives boast top-tier performance specifications and are considered an important step forward for Mushkin to offer the most well-rounded SSD lineup – producing solutions for high value, performance, and capacity.
“Mushkin is committed to giving our customers the best performing and most reliable SSDs and our new STRIKER family of drives delivers,” said Brian Flood, Director of Product Management at Mushkin. “With an ever-increasing demand for greater performance, the new STRIKER drives provides the ultimate combination of speed and reliability for today’s demanding applications.”
The STRIKER SSD offers sequential read and write speeds of up to 565MB/s and 550MB/s respectively and has a random performance of up to 90K IOPS. The new drive comes in a variety of capacities ranging from 240GB to 960GB capacities.
Availability for the new STRIKER SSD series is set for Q1 2015, but no word on pricing for these made in USA drives yet.
Features of the STRIKER line of SSDs include:
- Phison PS3110-S10 controller
- Quad core, 8-channel
- 256-bit AES encryption support, Opal 2.0
- End-to-End data path protection, SmartECC, SmartRefresh, SmartFlush, GuaranteedFlush
- SATA 3.0 (6Gb/s) interface (backwards compatible with SATA 3Gb/s and 1.5Gb/s)
- Top-tier performance specifications
- TRIM/SMART support (OS/driver support required)
- DEVSLP support for ultra-low power consumption
- 120 bit per 2KB ECC strength
- High-speed MLC NAND
- 2.5” 7mm form factor
- User-upgradeable firmware
Thanks to Mushkin for providing us with this information