MSI have been busy lately, dishing out their latest range of MSI Gaming notebooks and they’re keen to show that they have a gaming notebook offering for virtually every budget range. Today we are looking at their mid-to-high range offering, the GS60 2QD (Ghost), and MSI kindly offered us a chance to review a red limited edition version instead of the usual black. A 15″ full HD 1080p screen, high-end i7 processor, PCIE storage and the brand new Nvidia GTX765 under the hood, we should be in for an interesting review!
- Name: GS60 2QD(Ghost)-470UK-
- CPU: Sharkbay Core i7-4720HQ (2.6GHz – 3.6GHz)
- RAM: 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 1.35w (8GB*2)
- SSD: 128GB PCIE M.2 SSD
- HDD: 1TB 7200RPM
- GPU:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M 2GB
- LAN:10/100/1000/Gigabits Base T
- WLAN: Killer DoubleShot Pro 11ac Built-in Bluetooth™ V4.0
- Monitor: 15.6″ FHD, Anti-Glare (1920*1080) eDP Wide View Angle
- Keyboard: SteelSeries FULL back lit keyboard with SteelSeries Engine
- I/O: 3x USB3.0, 1x HDMI,1x Mini Display Port, SD Reader, Mic-in, Headphone-out, line-in, line-out, 1x 1Gb LAN, FHD Webcam
- ODD: None
- Battery: 6-Cell Li-Polymer(4840mAh 52Wh)
- OS: Windows 8.1
- Dimensions: 390 x 266 x 19.9mm
- Weight: 1.9kg(w/ battery)
- Warranty: 2 YR’s Collect & Return (1 YR Global)
- Price:£1,299 Inc VAT
Packaging & Accessories
It arrived well packed and undamaged I’m pleased to report; nothing more to say, so lets open it up!
On opening the outer box we can see it has been divided into 2 sections
The smaller section contains a protective case, featuring the MSI shield logo.
Close Up, it wont protect the GS60 from drops much, though it should keep all normal wear and tear to a minimum.
The notebook box itself is very nice…
With the lid lifting straight off to reveal the sheathed notebook.
Putting the notebook to one side for the minute and exploring the rest of the box, there are 2 wide compartments under the notebook and a long compartment running alongside the notebook.
The left wide compartment contains various Warranty and documentation information, the right wide compartment contains the power brick, and the long compartment contained the 3pin to clover power connector.
Power brick close up