Mionix are one of my all time favourite gaming brands, as they’ve created some of my own personal favourite peripherals over the years. Of course, I’m not the only one who thinks this, as Mionix products have won many awards around the world and that fills me with confidence that their latest gaming mouse, the Mionix Castor, is going to be something special.
Equipped with a fast processor, ergonomic design, fully programmable buttons, RGB lighting and more, the Castor is certainly well equipped, so let’s take a closer look at what it has to offer. First up, however, here’s a quick product video from Mionix, it’s a little strange, but I’d love to know what on Earth they’re pretending to play here; any guesses?
- 32bit ARM Processor running at 32Mhz
- Right handed truly ergonomic design
- Supports palm, claw and fingertip grip
- Grip friendly soft touch rubber coating (4 layers)
- 6 fully programmable buttons
- 3 steps in-game DPI adjustment
- 2 integrated LEDs in 2 colour zones
- Up to 16.8 Million LED colour options
- Color shift, Solid, Blinking, Pulsating and Breathing effects
- On-Board memory 128 kb built-in memory
- Large black PTFE mouse feet
- Gold Plated, Full speed USB 2.0 connection with Plug and Play
- Cable 2m long PVC cable with cable reinforcer
- PMW – 3310 gaming grade IR-LED optical sensor
- Up to 10000DPI
- MAX tracking speed of at least 5.45m/sec (215 IPS)
- No positive or negative hardware acceleration
- Adjustable Lift Off Distance
- Up to 5 Profiles saved to the in-built memory
- Adjustable X / Y Axis
- Polling rate adjustable in four steps up to 1000Hz
- Live record macro manager
- Up to 16.8 million color LED options
- Customize RGB manger
- Pulsating, Blinking and Breathing LED effects
- Color Shift lighting mode
- Angle Snapping adjustable in 15 steps
- Angle Tuning adjustable from -30 to 30 degrees
- LOD Calibration tool
- S.Q.A.T™ – Surface Quality Analyzer Tool
- Lift-off distance (LOD) Calibration feature
Dimensions & Weight
- 122.46×70.42×40.16 mm / 4.82×2.77×1.58 in
- Netto (w/o cable): 93.8 gr
- Netto (cable incl.): 141.5 gr
The Castor comes packaged in a very compact presentation box, with a nice image of the mouse on the front and not much else, apart from a few technical details around the sides/back.
Opening up the box, we see that the mouse has been well protected by a custom shaped cardboard interior, which will help greatly in keeping it safe while it’s being shipped to you.
The Castor comes hard-wired with a durable black braided cable with a USB header.