Samsung’s Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge have an official release date, 10th April, but those who pre-order the phone can expect it a day earlier, on 9th April.
In the UK, pre-orders have begun already, with Carphone Warehouse, O2, EE, and 3 taking pre-sales of the two models, with Vodafone expected to follow soon. US pre-orders begin on 27th March, with Verizon Wireless, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and U.S. Cellular carrying the phone, with Best Buy, Amazon, and Walmart also listed as retail partners. Samsung is allowing retailers to reveal the price, so check with your preferred store, network, or carrier.
Samsung also included highlights of the new smartphones in its press release:
- Premium Materials: A unibody design blends beauty and durability, featuring Corning® Gorilla Glass® 4 and an aluminum frame so it’s durable enough to withstand everyday life.
- Advanced Camera: Intuitive front- and rear-facing cameras allow consumers to snap high-quality photos, no matter the lighting situation, and quickly capture any moment, anywhere.
- Battery Management: Power management essentials create peace of mind for users so there is no need to worry about battery life. With built-in wireless charging, users can quickly and conveniently charge their phone on almost any wireless charging platform (charging pad sold separately). Fast Charging gives users up to four hours of battery life with a 10 minute charge and a 50 percent charge in about half an hour. Ultra Power Saving Mode affords users up to 24 hours of talk and text time when the battery is at 10 percent3.
- Advanced Technology: Equipped with an advanced processor and display, the Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge elevate productivity and deliver an exceptional entertainment experience.
- Business-Ready: With Samsung KNOX, the Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge are secure and protected right out of the box. With wide support for MDM partners and KNOX enhancements enabled at launch, IT administrators can simplify deployment and device management.
- Dual Edge: The Galaxy S 6 edge breaks the traditional conventions of smartphone design to deliver the world’s first dual-edge smartphone. The edge display adds features unique to the curved design, including People Edge and information tickers so users can easily and discreetly view news updates and messaging notifications.
- Samsung’s Milk Services: Both the Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge will come preloaded on select carriers* with Samsung’s streaming entertainment apps, Milk MusicTM, powered by Slacker, and Milk VideoTM.
- Samsung Pay: Samsung Pay will be available this summer on both devices, a secure and easy-to-use mobile payment service that leverages both Near Field Communication (NFC) and a new proprietary technology called Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST) to make mobile payments more accessible to both merchants and consumers.