Are you a fan of the Hall of Fame series of graphics cards? Then you’ll be pleased to hear that GALAX have just released the latest and greatest in the series; the GALAX GTX 980 HOF and the GTX 970 HOF.
Each of the new cards comes factory tuned with the highest core clocks in its class. Everything has been stripped down and rebuilt for speed on these cards. They’ve got the custom white PCB, ultra-premium components, 7 heat-pipes with a triple fan cooler, Hyper Boost technology, dual BIOS and a whole lot more.
The 980 HOF comes equipped with 2048 CUDA cores, a base clock of 1304 MHz and a boost clock of 1418 MHz. The GTX 970 HOF features 1664 CUDA cores, a base clock of 1216MHz and a boost of 1380 MHz.
- Completely redesigned PCB layout from the ground up, optimized for GM204
- 10 layer manufacturing process in HOF signature pure white color
- Extended PCB width for optimized layout and cleaner signal
- Advanced GALAX exclusive “Triple Force” cooler
- 2x 80mm fan + 1x 90mm fan
- 4x 8mm heat pipes + 3x 6mm heat pipes (total 7 nickel-plated heat pipes)
- Copper base cooler
- Integrated MOSFET heatsink
- Customizable top HOF LED (control blanking frequency, brightness with GFE)
- Plastic cover with premium die-cast aluminum accents
- Anodized aluminum backplate protects components and reinforces PCB
- Next generation IR3595 Digital PWM controller provides 2X switching frequency vs. previous generation
- 8 phase GPU + 2 phase memory power
- IR3555 with next gen DrMOS and 60A output
- Aerospace-grade GALAX Extreme Power Inductors provide ultra-long life, high endurance and low noise vs. normal power inductors
- Hyper Boost technology acts like a hardware turbocharger, increasing fan speed and maximum power delivered to the GPU with the push of a button
- Voltage tool (developed by enthusiasts) allows voltage beyond stock limits
- Hardware dual BIOS simplifies the tweaking process by enabling risk-free firmware updates and customization
- Prelim internal overclocking results: >1.5GHz on air, >2.1GHz on LN2
The cards will start cropping up at major retailers any time now and prices are expected to hurt your wallet; if you want the best, you’re going to have to pay for it.
Thank you Guru3d for providing us with this information.
Image courtesy of Guru3d.