Fallout 4 has been a big hit, especially on PC where the modding community has been ripping the game to shreds and building it back up again, better than ever each time. It’s already a great looking game, but that’s never enough for the PC community and we always look to push things to the next level. Modder ‘SirGreenThumb’ has just released his latest mod, a new DX11 adjustment that aims to improve Fallout 4’s lighting system.
TrueLighting is basically a method that corrects the washed out look of the default settings, adding greater realism without actually changing any core aspects of the game or the original artists intended visions; it’s just better in general.
” I tried to keep daytime looking its original brightness without being washed out, while darkening and lengthening the night to create a more realistic night time. Similar to an ENB preset but this plugin utilizes the Fallout 4 DirectX 11. “ said SirGreenThumb.
Here are the key features of this mod:
- It tones down bloom and eye adapt overall to more reasonable levels.
- It calibrates certain lights for more realism.
- It calibrates image space settings for indoor areas for a less washed out look. (still under development, some areas have not been calibrated).
- It calibrates the image space settings for an unprecedented night time look, as well as less washed out look for daytime while keeping daytime bright.
- It calibrates night time directional ambient to achieve a realistically dark night without darkening other lights.
- It calibrates image space settings for dawn and dusk transitions for a seamless day/night transitions.
- it calibrates image space settings for all time frames, weather patterns and areas for more realism.
- It alters brightness for sun, moon, stars, upper sky, lower sky, horizon, clouds, and effects lighting for more realism.
- It alters cloud layers, clouds transparency, fog, mist, sun glare, and moon glare for more realism.
Want to check out the mod for yourself? Hit up the download page here.