EK may be better known for its water blocks and water cooling gear, but today it is doing something a little bit difference. EK is introducing the EK-SF3D Triple Point EVO, not that most catchy name in the world but this EK’s first ever LN2 evaporation cooler.
The EK-SF3D Triple Point EVO allows for extreme overclockers to overclock up to four memory modules using the provided module adapters (it seems only 2 are provided, additional modules can be purchased if needed). This allows you to put your RAM under LN2 and go for some serious records. It will be compatible with virtually any RAM module of the DDR-SDRAM era.
EK partnered up with Petri “SF3D” Korhonen to design this product, he is a Finnish “legendary” overclocker. In true EK style the product is made of electrolytic grade nickel plated copper and POM high quality acetal. EK claims their new LN2 Evaporation cooler can prevent unwanted condensation formation and even out temperature fluctuations.
- High performance evaporation cooler for competitive overclockers
- Modern, unique design with copper core allows for easy temperature regulation
- Built-in temperature probe slot in a each Module Adapter for precise control
- Compatible with both Liquid Nitrogen LN2 as well as Dry Ice CO2(s)
- Includes premium thermal grease
- EK-SF3D Triple Point EVO series evaporation cooler
- EK-SF3D Triple Point EVO Module Adapter (2 pcs)
- Gelid GC-Extreme 1.5g thermal grease
- Mounting screws
- Allen key 2mm
The EK-SF3D Triple Point EVO is already available to purchase at €75 including VAT. EK is reportedly preparing a CPU LN2 cooling unit too, the EK-SF3D Inflection Point EVO, which is to be available by the end of the week.