In our memory reviews we keep things relatively simple. We load in the memory kit that is being tested onto our test system and we benchmark it at its primary XMP profile using AIDA 64 and CPU-Z for validation. Once complete we then overclock the kit to see how far we can push it, then benchmark it again using the same combination of AIDA 64 and CPU-Z.
Test System (Pictured Below)
- Motherboard – Asus Maximus VI Formula Z87
- Processor – Intel Core i7 4770K at Stock With Turbo Enabled
- RAM – Varies By Review
- Graphics Card – Reference AMD HD 7950 (Non-Boost variant)
- CPU Cooler – Corsair H100i with Quiet Fan Profile and Noctua NT-H1 Thermal Paste
- Power Supply – Corsair HX1050W
- Main Storage Drive – Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD over SATA III interface
- Chassis – Lian Li T60 Test Bench
- Displays – Dell U2711 Ultra Sharp
- Operating System – Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit
We would like to thank Asus, Intel, AMD, Corsair, Kingston, Lian Li, Dell, Noctua and all our other partners who supplied us with test equipment and hardware. Their generosity makes our testing possible and without them we wouldn’t be able to produce the reviews we do, so thank you!
- AIDA 64