It looks like Corsair wants you to be able to enjoy the full benefits of water-cooling technology even if you have a very compact rig. The company has just launched its first low-profile liquid CPU cooler, namely the Hydro Series H5 SF, which offers a substantial cooling power that can handle even overclocked CPUs without too much trouble. Measuring in at just 84 mm in height, this cooler is compact enough to be installed in the smallest of cases, but it still manages to deliver a heat dissipation level of up to 150W. Its innovative design allows it to fit on top of any Mini-ITX motherboard without the need of external brackets or fan mounts.
The copper plate takes heat directly from the CPU and transfers it to a 120 mm x 40 mm radiator, which is complemented by 120 mm blower fan. What’s interesting about this fan is that it is able to draw heat away from other critical components, including chipset heatsinks and VRMs. This new low-profile cooler by Corsair is completely compatible with the company’s upcoming Bulldog chassis, but it also fits into other cases such as the Carbide Series Air 240, the Graphite Series 380T or the Obsidian Series 250D. This product benefits from a five-year warranty, which is always a big plus, and you can have a look at its main specifications below.
- Low profile liquid CPU Cooling – Provides efficient cooling for small form factor cases.
- High-pressure, low-noise 120 mm PWM blower fan – Powerful and quiet liquid cooling.
- Ultimate SFF compatibility – Mounts to any Mini-ITX motherboard with no external fan mounts.
- Low permeability tubing – Ensures long life, and the flexible design makes installation easier in tight spaces.
- Copper cold plate with pre-applied thermal compound – Pre-applied thermal compound saves you time and mess when installing.
- MSRP: $79.99 exc. Tax.