Today we have a slightly different review for our readers as it won’t just be a standard mouse review. Instead we’re including an additional accessory that is used in conjunction with the mouse so we thought it’d be more appropriate it we reviewed them together. The two products we are reviewing today are the latest products by CM Storm, the Recon Gaming mouse and the Skorpion mouse bungee. We decided to do these both together as not only are they perfectly matched, but the mouse bungee in itself isn’t worth it’s own review. CM Storm are a popular brand when it comes to gaming peripherals and cases. We’ve had the chance to review many of their products at eTeknix all of which have impressed us to a certain extent, so will this be the case again? Lets find out.
As we have already mentioned, CM Storm are a popular gaming brand and is relatively new in terms of existence. In the past we’ve got our hands on several keyboards such as the Trigger and QuickFire Pro and we’ve also played around with some of their gaming mice like the Sentinel Advanced 2. Most of the products we have reviewed have all been very good bang for buck – lots of features for a very good price. Today we’re taking a look at CM Storm’s latest mouse, the Recon Ambidextrous gaming mouse and the Skorpion mouse bungee.
The Recon is the first gaming mouse by CM Storm that has a symmetrical ambidextrous design. It features a Avago 3090 sensor, giving it a DPI range of 800 to 4000 DPI. Below is the full specifications of what to expect from the Recon:
- Avago 3090 optical sensor with 800-4000 dpi
- On-The-Fly Lift-Off-Distance adjustments
- On-The-Fly DPI adjustments
- On-The Fly USB polling rate adjustments
- Up to 1.5m/s or 60”/s tracking speed and 20G of acceleration
- Highest grade Japanese Omron micro switches
- Extra wide 16-bit USB data path
- 1000 Hz polling rate / 1ms response time
- Super Grip coated ambidextrous mousebody
- Ultra swift mouse feet
- Flexible 1.8 meter or 78.6 inch long cable
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 64.4 x 116.4 x 42 mm/ 2.53 x 4.58 x 1.65 inches
- Multicolor Mousewheel light to identify Profiles
We are also reviewing CM Storm’s latest gaming accessory, the Skorpion mouse bungee. This little device supports the cable for your mouse, ensuring the movement of the mouse is not impeded by any caught cables. This is the first mouse bungee we’ve had the chance to review, although the concept is not entirely new to us as other brands have also produced similar accessories. Here is the full feature list:
- Flexible rubber mouse cord arm
- Adaptive grip grooves for thin and thick mouse cords
- Durable legs with super-grip feet
- Heavy iron core for extreme stability
- Can be disassembled for maximum portability
So together we have a good combination of products to review, so lets now take a look at them.