AMD has recently released its latest version of the Catalyst graphics driver. 13.11 Beta 6 includes all the features of its predecessors and adds support for the new Radeon R9 290 and 290X adapters. Automatic AMD Eyefinity Configuration and “plug and play” configuration of supported Ultra HD/4K tiled displays are also new additions that come with this release.
On the performance improvements side, the new update boosts Batman: Arkham Origins with MSAA 8x enabled by up to 35%, Total War: Rome 2 by 10%, Battlefield 3 and DiRT Showdown get 10%, while GRID 2, Formula 1 2013, DiRT 3s and Sleeping Dogs get 5 to 8.5%.
Be advised that, although this driver comes from AMD, it is still a beta version. This means that errors and odd graphics behavior may occur. If that happens, the American manufacturer awaits your report on its Issue Reporting Form.
Here are the Feature Highlights of The AMD Catalyst 13.11 Beta 6 Driver:
- Includes all Feature Highlights of AMD Catalyst 13.11 Beta
- Includes support for the new products:
- AMD Radeon R9 290X
- AMD Radeon R9 290
- Performance improvements
- Batman: Arkham Origins – improves performance up to 35% with MSAA 8x enabled
- Total War: Rome 2 – improves performance up to 10%
- Battlefield 3 – improves performance up to 10%
- GRID 2 – improves performance up to 8.5%
- DiRT Showdown – improves performance up to 10%
- Formula 1 2013 – improves performance up to 8%
- DiRT 3 – improves performance up to 7%
- Sleeping Dogs – improves performance up to 5%
- Automatic AMD Eyefinity Configuration
- Automatic “plug and play” configuration of supported Ultra HD/4K tiled displays
For those of you who have an AMD graphics card want to try it out for yourself, you can download the beta driver from the AMD Official Website.
Thank you Softpedia for providing us with this information